Sunday, November 4, 2007

Saigon - War Remnants (November 5)

On this day, I visited both the War Remnants Museum and the Presidential Palace as well as the Museum of Vietnamese History. The War Remnants Museum was disturbing while the history museum was educational. What I didn't know is that my admissions fee to the history museum also covered the admissions to the zoo. I didn't take any pictures of the history museum as there were pictures everywhere warning not to take pictures.

Presidential Palace Entrance Ticket

In the history museum, I had a sense that sometimes there was a struggle to present enough Vietnamese-specific material to make the museum interesting. Sure the museum went from era to era going way back into the past (4,000 years ago?), through the Nguyen Dynasty, up to today's activities, but the physical evidence was lacking.

Entrance Ticket to History Museum


When I reached the Buddhist section of the history museum, I was surprised at the lack of Vietnamese examples.

Bombs at the War Remnants Museum




Presidential Palace - Stuck in the 1970s



President's Office

President's Reception Room


This Palace is Very User Friendly. Drop Bomb Here.

No comments: